
A copy of a poster advertising a mowing, reaping and harvesting competitions open only to total abstainers, with a list of prizes, to be held at harvest time, 1866.

A white china plate inscribed ‘The Swan Coffee House, Mere’, late 19th century. The Coffee House was run by Mere Temperance Society in Salisbury Street after John Farley Rutter purchased The Swan Inn opposite The Lecture Hall in 1862 and converted it into a dwelling house, two cottages, a Coffee House and a Reading Room. The former Coffee House is now the office of Gilyard Scarth.